Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hockey>Tennis


The best athletes are those that play multiple sports but most have one they are most passionate about. I get the joy of spending the spring playing tennis and I'm going to be honest; I hate it. I keep playing every year because I don't want to be a one sport athlete.

There are many reasons I like hockey more than tennis. First off, tennis is so boring. Really, really, really, boring. At times it will be exciting but you just hit the ball back and fourth for an hour straight. That's not much fun! Hockey on the other hand is fast-paced, exciting, and action packed. Tennis is more fun to watch, especially if the match is close. I almost enjoy not playing varsity singles because I get the chance to watch the other girls play.

Another reason I like hockey more is because it is a team sport. Yes, I know you compete on a tennis “team” but let's be honest it really isn't a team sport. Doubles is somewhat team-like but only with one other person. Hockey on the other hand is 15 girls competing together as one. We have each others' back as we go into battle. In hockey there is six players on the ice together. In tennis there is one person. You are on your own.

Also, hockey is played indoors so there isn't the weather aspect. This year has been unusually cold so we've had many meets in 40 degree weather which is not enjoyable. What is even worst is when it starts to rain in the middle of a meet and then you slip and slide all of the court.

I wish I enjoyed playing tennis, I really do but its just not who I am. I am a hockey player and always will be. It's in my blood, I was born to do it. I am competitive, passionate, and I always give 110%. I'm going to be so happy when the season is over and I can go back to playing what I love most: hockey. (393)

No comments:

Post a Comment